We provide recommendations to the Governor and the Legislature on ways to promote health equity and eliminate health disparities in Washington. We do the following work:
- Hold four public meetings during the year to support communication with the public, develop our work, and discuss opportunities to promote health equity in Washington.
- Publish a State Action Plan to Eliminate Health Disparities Report.
- Create an Equity in State Government Policy.
- Organize advisory committees to address important health issues.
- Collaborate with the Washington State Board of Health on Health Impact Reviews.
- Facilitate community forums to gather feedback from the public on ways we can help make state government more equitable.
We also develop proposals to support language assistance and gather and share information to legislators, public health and health care professionals, and other state agencies on how government contributes to health disparities